Fear of Missing Out, also known as “FOMO” in its more concise form, is a huge factor in one’s decisions and actions.
In our personal lives, we don’t want to miss out on the latest news, hottest trends, or greatest new entertainment choice. To avoid missing out, we monitor social media, engage via text, chat, or email, and most notably, rely on others’ ratings and opinions before deciding on anything.
FOMO also impacts our professional lives, especially if you are a Data Engineer. Consider the following scenarios:
- If you are working on project A, you might miss out on the chance to work on project B.
- If you are designing and developing data product A, you might miss out on the chance to design and develop data product B.
- If you are learning new technology A, you might miss out on the chance to learn new technology B.
Missing out on all those Bs means you miss out on learning experiences, chances to grow, and ways to demonstrate your excellent value-add. Your career could suffer as a result.
But rather than continuing on the A-versus-B treadmill, what if you could do both while not missing out on either?
How Data Engineers Avoid Missing Out
Do everything! That’s impossible. As a data engineer, you are already overworked and there is only so much time in a day. So rather than working harder, your only path is to work smarter. The question is, how?
The key is automation. Keebo’s data learning platform uses machine learning to automatically optimize query performance for you, so you can spend more time on what matters most:
- Building new data products instead of fixing the performance of existing ones.
- Completing new projects faster so you can engage in more diverse projects.
- Improving end-user satisfaction so you can reduce complaints and eliminate awkward performance conversations.